Trusted Guidance After Fatal Accidents In Pennsylvania

There are few things more difficult to face than when a loved one is involved in a fatal accident. While no sum of money can erase the pain of losing someone you love, a wrongful death lawsuit can help you recover compensation that reduces the financial burdens you and your family are experiencing.

At Amil Minora Law, I work closely with the decedent's family and loved ones after fatal semitruck crashes and other serious accidents in northeast Pennsylvania. I offer clear expectations and straightforward advice to help you determine whether a wrongful death lawsuit is in the best interest of you and your family.

Who Can File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?

A wrongful death applies to fatal accidents where negligent or unlawful actions led to the death of the victim. In Pennsylvania, a wrongful death lawsuit must be filed by the personal representative of the decedent's estate. However, if the personal representative fails to file the lawsuit within six months, any of the beneficiaries can file on behalf of any of the beneficiaries.

What Damages Are Available?

There are several damages that the victim's surviving spouse, children or parents can recover from a wrongful death lawsuit. These include:

  • Medical expenses
  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Estate administration expenses
  • Lost future wages
  • Loss of companionship and comfort

From start to finish, I am an attorney who will work closely with you to manage every detail of your case, allowing you to take time to grieve during this difficult period. Whether we pursue litigation or seek a settlement, I will take every necessary step to secure the best outcome to your case if you lost a loved one.

Take The Next Step

After the death of a loved one, one of the last things many people want to do is speak with a lawyer. I focus on fostering a warm, compassionate atmosphere so that you feel comfortable throughout the process. Having successfully resolved wrongful death cases for more than 40 years, you can feel confident entrusting me with your case.

To learn more about how I can help you and your family, I invite you to schedule a free consultation. Please call 570-800-2267 or contact my Scranton office online.